Monday, August 31, 2009

Revisions and new stuff

It's been a productive week here. I've been trying to finish up the last of these summer spots.

First things first,
I was unhappy with my Master and Margarita spot:

so I went with a simpler method and revised it to this:

While I still like some qualities of the first one, I think the simplicity needed to be stressed for the intended size of this piece.

If you took a look at the site in the past few days, you may have seen a new fish floating around:

which I then attempted to make into a book cover with the following steps:


(and while I find that last step to be very clean, it just wasn't "me" enough,
so I re-did the type by hand, and changed to a more consistent color scheme:


And finally, a new spot about the decline in honey bees, now speculatively attributed to a string of viruses:

and the final:


More to come soon, I'm sure.
Have a good night :)

No comments: